Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Mean Green Trucking

http://www.meangreentrucking.com/
I think this is the kind of story that makes this site worth doing. Mean Green Trucking is currently the only moving company in the city to run on vegetable oil. MGT is Earth-friendly and non-polluting in the second most polluted city in the country. The Astoria based branch, they also have a branch in Tarzana California, has two diesel converted trucks and have moved the likes of Julia Roberts and Lance Bass. The two owner operators, Izzy Zaidman and Thurston Cecil met on an Internet site which connects grease dealers with grease car owners. By using oil used by restaurants, which they receive for free, and cleaning it they end up spending approximately 75 cents a gallon. Their prices are reasonably comparative to other moving companies but MGT also plants a tree for every move they are hired for. That means they have planted over a thousand trees in the past two years alone. Contact Mean Green Trucking by phone (718) 554-1908 or by Internet at www.MeanGreenTrucking.com

2 comments:

milazacharias said...

Just never use the company because they are extremely rude and canceled my moving service 10 hours before the job.

I was never treated so bad in my life!!!!

milazacharias said...

What is it good to have a eco-friendly company if they treat you like shit? I schedule my moving with them, with the owner, tried to called and speak with him for 2 days and he never called me back. When I finally reached him he canceled the service (10 hours before the job) and was beyond rude.

They try to push you into moving with 3 movers, even if you don't need. I would never contact or recommend the to anyone, not even enemies.