Friday, January 16, 2009

7 green things about me



I was reading another blog about being green and the writer was asked to list seven green things about themselves and to ask 7 others to do the same. I thought it was a great idea so here is my seven.

1. I started to become more "green" a couple of years back after hanging out one day with my niece and nephew in Las Vegas. I was just thinking about what kind of world they will be living in when they were older and it got me thinking about the big picture.

2. I have over 11 reusable bags. I always forgot to bring my bags with me so I just kept buying another instead of getting a plastic bag from the store. I even have two that I made myself which you can learn to do too right here!

3. I have a "bag of bags" and a "bag of paper scraps". My "bag of bags" is exactly what it sounds like. A lot of things that we buy comes in a plastic bag. So I wash them out and put them in a recycle bag to recycle. And my "bag of paper scraps" is a collection of things that most people would normally throw out such as store receipts, labels and such.

4. I have a part-time job in which I sort recycle items from garbage for a couple of apartment buildings near my house. It's not as bad as it sounds and it cuts down on trash and recycles for the environment.

5. My friends try and catch me not being "green". This annoys the hell out of me because they give me the "holier than thou" crap as they are doing nothing for the world. My plan is to be "greener", I know I'm not the greenest person in the world and I don't pretend to be.

6. I have very little luck with plants. I don't know why but I do know if you want to get rid of a plant, give it to me and it will die a slow horrible death.

7. My bestfriends in the whole world do not read my blog. They looked at it once or twice but not since. I know this because I will bring up a topic that I wrote about and will have to say, ". . . well if you read my blog you would know!"

Bonus: It took my 3 sittings to watch the entire movie "An Inconvenient Truth", I kept falling asleep. Al Gore just does that to me.

So what about you? What are your "green" secrets? And now that I've shared mine, what are you gonna do?

No comments: