Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Kevin Bacon gets it . . .



I have always been a fan of Kevin Bacon, not a huge fan but really can you have a top ten movie list and not have Kevin Bacon in at least one or two of them? The whole Six Degrees thing is a fun game that I'm sure every movie buff has played drunk at parties. But did you know he was a big environmentalist? I know how cool!

In a recent article in the Denver post he discusses some issues about his hometown Philly. “I walk at least 40 blocks every day and use public transportation,” says Bacon. “When I go to Philly, I don’t drive. Why would I want to get into a car and sit in bumper-to-bumper traffic when I can take the train to downtown Philly? There’s a fantastic book called “You Are Here,” by Thomas Kostigen, that I wrote the foreword for, and he walks you through some of the consequences of our daily actions. I tread lightly talking about this because sometimes it can backfire. On the other hand, I feel that maybe I can do my part in some small way to show by example that it’s not that hard to lead an eco-friendly lifestyle. One of the things we do with the Bacon Brothers is encourage people to fill their water bottles up with tap water or from the fountain. Tap water is not bad for you. The Bacon Brothers even sell aluminum water bottles, not that you have to use ours. I’m horrified at the amount of plastic bottles that get thrown away every day.”

I am dying to read this book but it's currently 4th on my "Read Next List", if you've read it let me know what you thought.

So Kevin Bacon gets it . . . what about you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I like three kinds of bacon;turkey bacon, bacon, and now Kevin Bacon!!!
I think this guy is awesome!
Hi Uncle Sam!
LOVE,
Jordan