Friday, August 8, 2008

Catching up with . . . ME!!!


I've been lucky that my big bro is in town with his wife and two kids. I have such a great time with them and I especially enjoy spending time with my bro. He always makes his famous meatloaf for me and he says it's nothing special, but it is because he makes it for me. Anyway we just got back from a retirement party for my Aunt and I am stuffed. For those of you who don't know, I will now answer to the name "The Vending King of New York" it's a bit regal I know but you can't give yourself a nickname and you have to go by what people call you. At times my head gets so big that I will refer to the "King" in third person. Otherwise still trying to be green and still looking for the "ONE", any ideas for either?

I was doing laundry earlier today and found a bunch of receipts in my pockets. I always try to tell cashiers not to give me a receipt and I get the blank look. But most registers print it anyway and since I know they will just throw it out I take it and recycle it at home. I know I wrote about it before but this is my "push". I think it's a great idea to just dump your receipts or scrap paper that you would have normally just throw out in a recycle bag. Maybe you'll see as I did that I use to throw out about a pound of paper a month that could have been recycled. This past Christmas I asked Santa for a paper shredder and got one that I use regularly. I have a stack of papers that I keep separate from the recycle paper that I tie up and shred once a week. I just read what I wrote and I am thinking what you are too, that I have way to much time on my hands.

What ideas do you have? How are you going to make a change?

I quote Jerry Springer "Take care of yourself and to each other."

No comments: