Saturday, August 2, 2008

Gift wrapping idea


I had to buy a gift for a friend last week and when it comes time to wrapping I either wrap it in something recyclable like newspaper or something fun or groovy that matches that person's personality (ex. I printed out a picture of a baseball player and used it as wrapping paper). Or I just don't wrap it at all. I sometimes do the quick way out and grabbed a gift bag. Bad idea. If it isn't a fancy party like a wedding or a such and it's a get together with friends why not put it in a reusable grocery bag. You can purchase them in your local supermarket and they are about the same price as a gift bag, without the paper, and it encourages people to bring their own bag to the supermarket. Also as a smaller side gift to fill up the bag add a box of recycle bags or rechargeable batteries or any thing to save the planet. Or as a gift idea why not a bag full of items to get people started on changing their ways.

My cousin Ingrid left a comment about the plastic bag posting. She said it's done in the UK already and if you bring your own bag to the store you earn store points. Why are we not doing this already????


I left this in a post before, Recycle as much paper as you can, including store receipts and scrap paper. It may seem small but do actually adds up. I have a recycle bag in a closet and I tear up any receipts and paper that I use to just throw away, well in a months time I actually weighs close to a pound. Just something to think about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi uncle sam,
me, jordan. hello
that is a cool idea
i like all of the new ideas