Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sorry I've been busy . . .




I know it's been awhile and thank you readers who kept reminding me that I must continue the "good fight". My business has taken a hit and I have been very busy trying to save it.

Anyway I read an article recently on the Planet Green website about taking a "Navy shower" and save dozens of gallons a water a day. To quickly summerize, you follow these simple steps:

Get in the shower.
Turn on the water.
Get yourself wet.
Turn off the water.
Lather up.
Rinse off.
Save 57 gallons of a resource that's growing more and more scarce as days go on.

I have heard about these showers from my friends in the military and I got to say it's a bit harder than I thought it would be. I count on the morning shower to wake me up and I only imagine it being very cold during the winter time. However I've been trying it for a month now and I'm getting use to it. Also turning off the faucet while brushing my teeth and such.

I'm also trying to not eat meat three or four days a week. I started alternating days but kept losing track and craved to much, so I try to do blocks of two days in a row and and find my meat craving to be less and less.

Just because I took some time off from writing, I hope you didn't. So now what are you gonna do?

No comments: