Thursday, December 13, 2007

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

The Holidays are upon us, we had major snow today for the first time this year. The other time it was a flash of snow for 20 Min's that melted away in an hour. I took my daily walk during the snowfall and loved it. It reminded me of my childhood until I was waiting for the light at a crosswalk and was splashed by a car. I still like this weather as long as it's manageable. I just hope that the environment doesn't change to much although there is evidence that the winters are getting warmer and shorter.

In the news:
In Europe (as well as in Japan) companies are now preparing to respond to government directives and policies that seriously impact how many types of products will be designed and conceived of in the future. Two such examples are the End of Life Vehicles Policy and the WEEE Directive (Waste Electronics and Electrical Equipment) that requires manufacturers to assume responsibility of their products from birth through the end of their lives. Which means the company must accept the products when the consumer is finished with them and they are responsible of recycling it. Some companies believe they can save money on recycling electronics from parts.

I thought it was a great idea and hope that they do something similar here in the states.

Fact:
Only 50 percent of paper used is currently recycled in the United States

Recycle as much paper as you can, including store receipts and scrap paper. It may seem small but do actually adds up.

No comments: