Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Trip to Trader Joe's


I went to Trader Joe's today with my Best Friend Jay, yes my BFF, and I was happy to see that they have affordable insulated tote bags, $2.99, for sale. When we got out of the car to go in Jay mentioned that he did not have his tote bags for his purchases. I gotta say I was proud and offered him a plastic bag I had in the car. I have my own tote bags which I did not have either because I had just went shopping at BJ's and they were in my apartment full of nonperishable items. But I keep plastic bags in my car for that very reason, if you get them make sure you re-use them. When I checked out I gladly pulled out my plastic bag and asked them to fill it up. There should be a store promotion that gives a discount for customers that bring their own bags, I'd go there to shop, if even it was for a day or certain hours.

Tip:
Turn off electronic devices you’re not using, simply turning off your television, DVD player, stereo, and computer when you’re not using them will save you thousands of pounds of carbon dioxide a year. Unplug electronics from the wall when you’re not using them. Even when turned off, things like hairdryers, cell phone chargers and televisions use energy. In fact, the energy used to keep display clocks lit and memory chips working accounts for 5 percent of total domestic energy consumption and spews 18 million tons of carbon into the atmosphere every year!

Green in the news:
Greenland Icesheets melting at a record rate
www.enn.com/climate/article/26970

Read the story if you get the chance.

No comments: